I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chickens

We have had many chickens in Spring City

Alturro with his girls

Taking care of the Grasshoppers


Ready to go back to the coop


It isn't the hens we have trouble with, it is the roosters. Especially those from South America. The meanest of them all was Alturro (above).
When I was small, living in East Germany, a chicken dinner was hard to come by. We lived with the town Baker, right above the bakery, in a small farm community.
The Baker always had chickens. The mean little girl that I was I would call the rooster.

Kickereekee! and I would start running across the courtyard. Soon the rooster chased me and EVERYONE else, including the Baker's little boy. Our Baker family did not like chicken, we had a chicken dinner now and then.
Gina


No comments:

Post a Comment