I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Horsetrough

Everybody and Everything likes the Horsetrough except the Horses






Stanley likes it, the birds like it (when Stanley is not there)




Nephews and Nieces like it


And, Gene likes it
You can't miss it. You have to pass it no matter what and where your destination. We built it so that the Horses could rest in the shade and have a drink of water. I even planted a Linden Tree nearby. But the Horses still don't like it.
Everyone else and everybody else does.
The setting reminds me of an old German folksong:

"Am Brunnen vor dem Tore
da steht ein Lindenbaum,
Ich traumt in seinem Schatten,
so manchen suessen Traum
Ich schnitt in seine Rinde
so manches liebe wort . . . "



No comments:

Post a Comment