I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Painting Lessons

Every now and then I teach a workshop in Maiolica Painting. And, every now and then I teach an individual. I am always amazed at the final outcome of the product.




This table top, in the antique style, was painted by my student of last week. She has not had much experience in ceramic painting and look at the fine job she did.

We use Italian pigments and Italian Glazes. No wonder they look as if they were purchased in Italy - - - for a fraction of the price you can paint your own. And, you don't have to have them shipped nor do you have to schlepp them all over Europe.

Painting ceramics is not difficult. I have had all sorts of students, an electrician, an 8-year-old little girl, a family doctor, a school administrator, an architect, several Interior Designers, etc. , etc.; and groups of friends who like to get together and just paint for a few days. Without exception, they are always surprised at the beautiful outcome of their newly acquired skills.

It happens in the kiln. When the colors and glazes fuse together, at 1800 degrees, the magic happens.

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment