Google+ Followers

I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Apple Pie









On the left, the extra dough is for a plum tart which goes to the cook, on the right is the way to put it together






The finished pie is still bubbling. I should not be baking an apple pie when Gene is on a hunting trip. I fixed a good cup of coffee and ate a piece of pie and then had another . . . can you see? Maybe I just had one very large piece.













Here is how to make an apple pie and I will share a secret with you. Instead of cold water use cold milk. The crust bakes nice and brown and the pie dough is easier to handle. This pie has only a top crust. Who needs the extra calories?

5 or six tart apples
2 Tb of fresh lemon juice
5 to 6 TB of sugar, adjust if necessary
2 TB of cornstarch
a sprinkling of cinnamon
Mix ingredients and pour into deep pie dish, dot with 1/4 stick of unsalted butter
Pie Crust
1 generous cup of flour
3 tsp of coarse salt
blend
With pastry blender cut 3/4 stick of unsalted butter into flour
Sprinkle 1/3 cup of cold 2% milk over flour
Mix with large fork.
Dough should be sticky, adjust amount of milk accordingly
Form into ball, let rest for a few minutes
Roll out dough, cut a few leaves and an apple from extra dough
Cover apples with pie crust and arrange apple and leaves on top
Sprinkle top of pie with sugar
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 45 minutes or until crust is nice and brown.
Gina



2 comments:

  1. Dear Gina.
    thank you for giving us your pastry recipe with the apple pie. I would like to let you know you are such an inspiration to me, whenever I need a lift, I come to your blog. You're a hard worker and everything you do is done right.
    I believe that keeping busy and enjoying the simple things in life are the key to being happy.
    I'll bet when your head hits the pillow at night, you sleep and dream, with a pure heart and an anticipation for the coming day. You are truly blessed and I thank you for being here for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear A, I am overwhelmed by your sweet comment. Wish you were not Anonymous so that I could thank you properly.
    I would love to get to know you better...I think that we have much in common.
    If your commenting only lets you post as Anonymous you might want to uncheck the "stay signed in" box. In any case, thank you so much. Your comment is the most lovely of all.
    Warm regars, Gina

    ReplyDelete