I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Friday, July 2, 2010

A New Experience


Wish me luck!




It isn't difficult to paint, but it is! Not because of the design or because of the shape. It is difficult to paint because I am painting on top of a layer of white POWDER.




Need to hurry and paint the lid so that I can get this urn into the kiln. At 1800 degrees the pigments will fuse with the Maiolica glaze and that is when the magic happens, if I'm lucky.
A few weeks ago the Mayor of our next town came to our artist meeting with a proposal. Would we artists consider coming to her town for the 4th of July celebration and sell our art?
Only a month ago I set up shop in the "Old School" for Memorial Day Celebrations in our little town. I did well. Made a little money for the school fund and a little money for myself. I was lucky.

Will I be lucky tomorrow?


Gina







6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Can't wait to see it. Good luck, Gina. I'm sure you'll be very lucky and so will all the people who have the opportunity to purchase your work. Have a wonderful weekend! – g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gergianna, Thank You. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Fourth celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous and good luck at the sale this weekend! I'm sure you'll be a smash. Happy Fourth Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented with ceramic art.....I am still deciding which piece I must have....better decide soon,huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, Thank you for your good wishes. They worked. Have a great remainder of this very special holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Theresa, You are a doll. Thank you for your purchase. It will be sent off to you as soon as all of this clebrating (hope you are celebrating) is over.

    ReplyDelete