I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Missing Thumbnail, step by step instructions


Following HTML can be daunting



Here are a few tips

You only have to change the HTML in the code for the first picture


After you have written your new post  look to the top right and click on Edit HTML

Follow lines down until you get to the first main paragraph and look for the words "imageanchor"  then for "height".  Right after that you will see the code you need to change.  1st remove the s from https and then remove "googleusercontent"  and replace with ggpht

Be careful, do not remove or change anything else

Now click on Compose and you will see your picture.  If you have lost your first picture, you need to repeat the instructions. Then PUBLISH POST

Good Luck and Happy Sunday my dear blogging friends

Gina



 

7 comments:

  1. It worked. It really worked!
    Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can do it!

    Thanks, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, Every time we can understand a bit more about HTML we have learned a lot. One of the easiest html to change is picture size, which comes in very handy at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina

    I am being punished by blogger for having given away the secret of fixing the thumbnails - impossible to make it work today GRRRR
    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, Oh, not good. Let me check around a bit. I remember that you changed the code in TWO PLACES. I change my html code in only one place (see above)
    I will let you know what I find out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, My thumbnail picture is still working...for now at least. I've written a solution in my last post. Hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit that I had no idea about the thumbnails being taken out of commission by Blogger! Thank you for alerting us to this.

    Up to now all I did was adjusting the pixel size of pictures I use for my blog (900x595). I am a little perplexed that images with only about 150KB still look so brilliant (I admit that I am still on the slow side of "getting" it).

    During my next big Pomodoro break I shall play a bit with sizing the pictures in Photoshop. Maybe 900x595 simply was too generous from the start. ;)

    I thank you from the bottom of my heart for alerting us to this new situation. What were they thinking? ( Blogger, hellooooo???)

    Maybe we get a chance to have hand-picked wild coffee beans roasted and brewed in Burgenland come September? I fell in love with that part of the country the first time I went down there after arriving in Vienna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Merisi, It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the size of the photograph. For now (until Blogger changes again) the html needs to be changed. Let me know if you need a little help.
    I am so jealous, you are in Italy!

    ReplyDelete