Google+ Followers

I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Thursday, July 14, 2011

We have been painting


For 3 weeks I have been painting with my students.

Everyone wanted private, one-on-one lessons.


Barbara and I love the "old" look




The more 'beat up' the better




Not everyone likes the "antique" look so Barbara painted a more conventional tile.




When you paint a tile, why not elevate it to Art and feature it all by itself.




You can never have enough bowls...I know that Barbara will love these.




Barbara flew in from California...she painted all of the above tiles and bowls...and all in only one day of instructions.



Only a week ago Jacki came all the way from Texas and spent a couple of days with me.  She has since continued working on her own.  She sent a picture of her newest tile.




My charming nieces, Claire and Emily came for a visit from Connecticut.  We painted for a couple of hours one morning.
 The above tile painted by Claire 




Aren't these tiles charming?
Also painted by Claire.




Emily painted this one




And Emily also painted this little tile.

And what did I do?  I sat and admired the talent of my students.

I will be giving  another workshop in the middle of August
contact me here for details
garn at cut dot net


Gina


11 comments:

  1. Hi Gina,
    unfortunately, i could not find a ticket to travel ( because its vacation season),I call every day, but i couldnt! I hope i will go in the other oportunity...I will not give up..hehe
    Thanks a lot for your invitation! Big hug from Brazil!
    P.S. I love the students work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara was so prolific for such a short session, and so good! I'm really impressed. And your nieces' paintings - how adorable! What can I say, when you have a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so nice that you have the gift of teaching what you do. Your work is truly special and I know your students must enjoy your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, Jacki (and thanks)! Gina makes it all so easy :) The test will be doing it on my own...I hope I am as good as you have become!

    Gina, thanks so much, again! It really was so much fun and I learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a talented family. You. Your sister. Your nieces. I think it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara and Jacki have done so well - truly impressive. And your nieces' tiles are real treasures - so fresh and full of life. I've been indulging in Portuguese ceramics this week (just posted about it today) and thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacki and hello Barbara, you two were great students. Now all you have to do is practice. We should get together next year and you can show off what you have created.
    Love to you both, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Theresa. I love hearing from you, an artist whose work I admire so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ann, I know that one of these days I will see you at my door step with brushes in hand.
    Have a great weekend. Love, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Karen, I have been following your posts about Portugal...a country I dearly love. Your last post about Portuguese ceramics is a real treasure. And thank you so much for giving me credit and providing a link to my blog.
    I wish I could be roaming the side streets of Portugal with you. It's been a few years but I still remember the incredibly delicious deep fried tiny sardines. Oh my, my mouth is watering just thinking about them.
    Have a great time in Portugal. Love, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Vera, You can come any time. You have been desingning and painting ceramics for your Father's Business for some time. We would have a great time painting together. But I do understand...Brazil is a long way away.

    ReplyDelete