I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Thursday, November 30, 2017

So delicious and so easy




My very special Squash Bread Recipe


This is a Lakota Squash, any winter squash will do. 


Squash Bread Recipe

2 cups of cooked squash
3 eggs beaten
2 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup light olive oil 
3/4 cup chopped nuts
1 cup of almond meal (optional)
1/2 cup golden raisins
Mix all ingredients
juice and grated zest from one lemon and one orange
Mix together

Add 3 cups of flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda. 
Mix by hand with wooden spoon until all ingredients are 
well incorporated. 

Grease 2 loaf pans 
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes and reduce heat to 300 and bake another 15 to 20 minutes. Test with toothpick.  





This is the bread to bake.  It is foolproof. 





Squash bread freezes well. 

Recipe also makes great tasting muffins. 


Bake something and have fun.

Gina

https://betweennapsontheporch.net/
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post.
    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. Hope you give this recipe a try. Nothing could be easier. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. That looks really delicious Gina - is almond meal the same as our ground almonds? I have a squash and will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rosemary, Yes, it's the same. Sometimes I grind my own meal and sometimes I can purchase it at the health food store. That is also where I get the golden raisins. They make such a difference. The recipe is very forgiving.

      Delete