I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Easy and quick Christmas decorating ideas



Gather a few oranges, lemons and apples.


Add a few greens.





A few cloves.





Unpack old friends.




Don't forget to hang a few ornaments outside.






Fresh roses save the day.




What is Christmas without candles.





A glass of Glühwein makes the spirit bright.





It's not too late to paint a few glass Christmas ornaments. 






Hand painted wooden hearts and hand painted glass Christmas ornaments inside glass vase.






 A chair...provides color for an otherwise empty corner. 




If  the top of the cabinet needs a little color.





The older, the better.








A pomegranate makes the difference.





 Bring a little sunshine into the scene.





Pomanders last a long time.




Life Saver Garlands are favorite decorations.




A Putti here and there.




Acorns add an unusual touch.





And I love Orchids and Hellebore for Christmas.







Soon it will be Christmas. 

Thank you dear friends for stopping by.  

I appreciate each and everyone of you.

Gina 


https://betweennapsontheporch.net/
https://normandylife.blogspot.ca/2017/12/mosaic-monday-66-tis-season.html

14 comments:

  1. Dear Gina - A wealth of wonderful artistic ideas here - love your chair and the prettily painted cabinet sitting behind it.
    Do you really have snow already or is that from a previous year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rosemary,
    We had a skiff of snow the other night...it has melted since. It's been very cold here...our pond has frozen except for a small area where fresh water comes from a deep spring.
    The photos are from years past, serving as reminders to myself and maybe give a little inspiration to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore stopping by to visit you Gina and every time I think I have seen the best, I see even better. I so enjoy your colour pallet, for your art work, your interior design, the floral colours that you choose... everything. I am not brave when it comes to colours that pop a room to life, but I do so love your choices, and especially your ceramics. I hope that you enjoy a lovely, peaceful, joy filled Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary, How generous you are with your compliments. You give me too much credit. When it comes to color I often go overboard. Color has always made me happy. My choices come from my garden.
      You say that you are not brave when it comes to choosing colors. I don't believe you. You take such beautiful photographs where color is a dominant theme. Make a resolution for next year... take color cues from your lovely photos.
      I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a joyful and most of all, a healthy New Year.

      Delete
  4. How absolutely over the top wonderfully festive you have made your home. I love it all.
    Thank you for being a part of Mosaic Monday this year, chatting with the MM crowd is the highlight of my blogging week.
    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, see you in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maggie, I am so pleased that you like my little contribution to Mosaic Monday. Thank you for hosting this great idea. I know it is a lot of work for you.
      Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

      Delete
  5. Stunning post, Gina. I can smell the oranges and spices. You have a beautiful all ready for Christmas. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Snap, Thank you for your lovely compliment. Pomanders are some of my most favorite Christmas decorations. They announce the holidays perfectly.

      Delete
  6. These are such lovely festive ideas, Gina. Thank you for sharing them. My favourites are the one with the tray of candles by the fire, and that snowy scene with the shiny ornaments. Just beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lorrie, Many years ago, while visiting Venice in the winter, I saw a little urn with a small Christmas tree, covered with tiny and shiny ornaments. It snowed during the night and left the magic for a few hours. The snow melted soon but the magic stayed with me.

      Delete
  7. Lovely ornaments. I love making pomanders. Happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda, It's always so much fun bringing out Christmas ornaments, ornaments that have been around for many, many years. They all tell a story. I am so glad that you have been making pomanders. They not only look festive they also fill the house with Christmas cheer.

      Delete
  8. Gina - there is something for everyone here. I was attracted to the glass holding the gluhwein ... how ornate and decorative! And the table in front of the fire - I can imagine that is where you are enjoying the wine! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie, I only have one of those glasses. It is a very old one and was given to me by a friend many years ago. You are right we sit by that fire often, especially in winter when it is freezing outside.
      Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete