I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Friday, August 28, 2009

Exotic, Beautiful Orchids



Phalaenopsis Orchids growing by my kitchen window

Phalaenopsis or Moth Orchids adapt easily to most environments in the home. They are a shade plant. In the Fall, when nightime temperatures drop a few degrees, new flower spikes appear. Moth Orchids need little care. Once a week I flood them with lukewarm water and let them drain in the kitchen sink. And, once in a great while I add a little orchid food to the water. Some of my orchids are very old. They bloom repeatedly.

A new flower spike will bloom for 3 to 5 months. Making them the most rewarding gift for your friends and for yourself. Give orchids a try. But be careful, they are addictive.

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment