I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blank Canvas



Be still my beating Heart . . .


What handsome shapes, and they are not small and not easy to throw. They are like a blank piece of paper. How to begin painting them? A little stage fright? A little writers block, maybe?




Cindy, my premier student, and I painted all day yesterday. And when she made her 2 hour drive home, she left behind these beautiful bisque vessels and hand built tiles. See how perfectly straight the tiles are? Not easy to do.


Thrown by Cindy, on her potter's wheel, the shapes make my heart jump for joy. I see all of the possibilities . . . but is my painting worthy? Should I just glaze them and leave them all white, or should I add only a little gold? Should I make them look as if they have survived centuries, as I often do?

What do you think?

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment