I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Thursday, October 29, 2015

It's Apple Pie



that I love

more than any other dessert.





We have had a bountiful fruit harvest.  





While making apple sauce I also pickled a few Jalapeno peppers. 






Ready to go into the oven.
(Recipes follows)





It's especially good when served hot.





I ate most of it.  




Fall and Apples just go together. 


Note: I have added a new ingredient to my pie crusts.  I have substituted half of the butter with Crisco.  It does make a lighter and flakier pie crust.  

Recipe

2 cups of unbleached flour
1 tsp  Salt
1/2 stick of UNSALTED butter
3/4 cup of Crisco
1/2 to 3/4 cup of cold milk (yes milk not water)

Mix together flour and salt.  With pastry knife cut unsalted butter and Crisco into flour mixture. Sprinkle milk over mixture and mix ingredients until it forms into a ball. Let rest while you peel apples. Roll out dough onto floured surface. 

Apple Pie Filling

Into a bowl peel and slice 7 to 8 apples  Sprinkle with 2 TB of flour,
3 Tb of sugar,
1 Tb of fresh lemon juice and cinnamon to taste. 
Mix together and pour into pie dish, dot with 1/4 stick of butter.  Cover with unbaked pie crust.  Cut a few vent holes, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees and another 40 to 50 minutes (or until golden brown) at 350 degrees.





If you must, have a dollop of ice cream on top.

Have a great remainder of the week dear friends.  

Gina 



12 comments:

  1. That apple pie does look delicious...... and you made such a beautiful labels for the jars, love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Janneke, The pie was delicious. I'm my best official taster. It's easy to make pretty labels with a computer, a few of your favorite photos and a printer. All you need is a little glue or you can purchase pre glued labels in many stores.

      Delete
  2. My oh my, what wonderful apple pie you have baked. Oh yes, apple pie is at its best when still warm.

    Thank you for the recipe, too.

    (Thanks also for the FM info. Maybe something might show up eventually in the college's Alum Bulletin.)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Frances, I love your Halloween post of this morning. You have taken such nice photographs...has given me a few new ideas for decorating my steps. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Dear Gina,
    Your pie crust looks so very flaky and your pie is so pretty as I am sure it is delicious. I am not baking pies often except when Thanksgiving comes around, and then it is rather a Pumpkin Pie. Sometimes I use crackers for the crust, but with your recipe on hand I may just give it a try. Sounds so easy but I know it is not. Love your labels on the jars. How wonderful they look in the sunlight. And then the tree with the red leaves in your landscape...........so nice.
    Hugs, Sieglinde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sieglinde, Baking the pie is easy. It's the calories that worry me. Sometimes I bake my pies without the bottom crust. Using milk instead of water makes for a beautiful crust and is easy to handle. Add just a little milk at one time until the dough is slightly sticky and forms into a ball. Flour your board generously and roll out.
      The maple tree (in red) has now lost all of its leaves. Cold weather and winter is just around the corner.

      Delete
  4. Hello, your apple pie looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Lovely images. Have a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen, Hope you try my apple pie recipe. It is very easy and foolproof and so delicious. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  5. ummm....I am so hungry for Apple Pie....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello BJ, Apples are so good right now. Our trees were laden with fruit this year. I may have to bake a pear tart today. Thank you for stopping by...it is so appreciated.

      Delete
  6. That just made my mouth water. I adore apple pie too and yours just looks so beautiful. I hope that you enjoy the remainder of your week Gina~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mary, Wish you could come over so we could share in the next pie. Take care.

    ReplyDelete