I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Forgotten

 

Only a very short walk from my house

an old farmstead has lost its owner.




Only a few months ago cattle were fed from this big haystack.




A bachelor farmer lived here.



Look at the size of this saw blade.





He said he didn't need a wife 
"because he had a woman (that's me) running through his fields every morning." 




Will someone take over this farm? 
Probably not.  Farming is hard and has few rewards. 




This fertilizer spreader shows how many years it has been dragged through the fields...it has picked up bailing twine that will never come off.  
And the water tank will never be moved to a pasture.  




 The Danes knew how to build fine cabins.  Cabins which have stood straight and proud for more than a hundred years. 



This one probably built by the same Man.  




The granary is still full of barley.





It takes a lot of equipment to run a farm. 




There is order in a forgotten corner.




He will not leave his owner's house.  

I have known  him since he was a puppy, now he barks at me.  





Not to worry, a neighbor is taking care of him.  His brother has already moved over. 

Have a great weekend dear Friends, 

Gina 

Repost from 2015



4 comments:

  1. It's sad to think of a working farm being abandoned. The old wooden buildings look sturdy and useful. I hope you keep us informed of what happens with the farm. I'm glad someone is caring for the loyal dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and your very nice comment Rajani.

      Delete