I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Monday, December 13, 2021

For the Holidays


Shiny copper pots for the holidays.

Maybe you use your copper pots every day, as I do, or you like to have them sparkle for the holidays. 



There is a painless and quick way to make them shine. 




All you need is CLR (available in every hardware store) 
coarse salt, a lemon, a sponge and gloves. 

No need to scrub,
just glide a corner of your CLR soaked sponge over pot.
Dip a lemon, cut in half, into coarse salt
 and rub a little over tough spots. 
Let rest a minute. 

Wash with soap and water.  
Dry immediately or it leaves streaks. 




I use my copper pots every day. 

They hang from bicycle hooks. 
More friendly than metal hooks. 






Unlike copper polish,  
CLR rinses clean and does not leave a residue. 
(CLR meets U.S. EPA Safer Product Standards).

Have a great week and stay safe.
Gina  


6 comments:

  1. This is a good tip, Gina. I have used just lemon and salt and it doesn't do quite as good a job as I like. I'll try your method next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lorrie,
    I think that you will be pleased to see how well CLR works. And, unlike copper cleaners, CLR does not leave a residue

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLR is quite a useful thing to keep close by - I use it for the shower tile and glass doors - you are right Gina it really does rinse clean. A friend who had a hardware shop told me about it years ago.
    Oh your copper - always so beautiful - I remember it well. Jasmin told me last year she would like copper pans - but after seeing how costly they are decided on stainless steel! Maybe later in life she'll get some copper!
    Thinking of you - see you may have snow Thursday so take care outside with Sadie if slippery!
    Hugs - Mary & Bob xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,
      You can never have too many pots. Stainless steel is a perfect idea to put into Jasmin's treasure chest. I still use mine which I purchased almost 60 years ago. They come in handy when you're cooking for a large crowd. Steel lined copper pots can be had on sale at Williams Sanoma early in the year. They come from France and I think they are still the best.
      We had a little snow during the night. I'm hoping for more .

      Delete
  4. Dear Gina - how lovely your copper pans look especially against that lovely backdrop showing your tiles and lovely terracotta walls.
    I don't know whether or not we have CLR here, it is not something that I have ever heard of.
    I have just looked it up and see that it is a lime scale remover. We do have sprays for getting rid of that so perhaps ours is a similar product to your CLR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rosemary,
    That would be interesting. I love CLR. Not just for cleaning copper pots but also for glass and crystal flower vases,
    and especially in the bathroom. It only takes a little bit to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete