I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Summer, so fleeting

Where did the Summer go?


Colors have never been brighter






Long gone are the colors of Spring






Now is the time to gather seeds for next  year





  too bright?  What do you think?





Maybe add more blue, my favorite petunia, Sky Blue.





It's the blues and lavenders I usually plant.





Why not do both.

Hope you are enjoying the last days of Summer,
    
    Gina





5 comments:

  1. Blues and lavenders, along with pinks, are my favourite garden colours, too, but I find that as the summer goes on, the bright yellows and golds take over. Lovely photos, Gina. Today is the first day of autumn, but summer lingers, especially in the afternoons. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorrie, I'm getting used to the strong colors but will probably change again. I'm heading for Sicily tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing their Fall colors.

      Delete
  2. The colors in your garden pots and beds are striking, Gina! With the background of your Renaissance golden home, I think the colors are perfect! I am noting the "Sky Blue petunias" for my future garden! In that last photo - what is the plant with the chartreuse green florettes? I love Alchimilla mollis, which is in the same color family but I know yours are different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mary, I think that you are looking at ordinary dill. I love seeing it in flower beds. It is so simple and easy to grow. Just save the seeds and broadcast next Spring. This year's sky blue Petunia was a different blue, more intense

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally! I will be eager to hear about your adventures (all good, I hope!) to Sicily! I remember us "chatting" about that possibility last year. Bon voyage! Dill! Of course! And what a pleasant aroma to add to the garden bed.

    ReplyDelete