I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Monday, March 30, 2020

My Field


What will it be?



Will it be Alfalfa?





I haven't asked the farmer who is seeding our field.  
I leave it up to him.






Will it be Alfalfa?





Sometimes he will also plant a one-time  "cover crop".






Most often that will be oats.  Oats will germinate first and protect the young alfalfa from heat and cold. 






First cutting. 





Hoping for a good water year.  




Yes, I live in the middle of my Alfalfa field.  

Take care and be safe. 
Gina 


4 comments:

  1. Looking beautiful out there in the field Gina, and no matter what will be planted it will be scenic and useful in the months to come.
    Enjoy the weather as it warms up, I know you will be very busy in the garden as planting time arrives.

    We were at the Home Depot and Lowe's garden departments - wearing gloves - just before 7 AM today! Just a few other customers, several workers, and tons of plants available. Bought tomato plants, lots of herb seeds such as basil and parsley as well as sunflower seeds, morning glory and moonflower seeds, pots of petunias, geraniums, a lovely already planted pot of flowers for my large urn, and two hanging Boston ferns for the porch once the finches are done with the dead ones!
    Threw in potting soil, fertilizer, bug spray, ant traps, lots of gardening gloves - I'm ready, willing and able, and of course have plenty of time! High of 73F today which is good - the weekend broke records at 88F!!!!

    Stay safe and well, much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary,
    That could have been my shopping list. All I would have had to add were onions sets and seed potatoes. You are going to have a beautiful garden. Now we can look forward to beautiful photos of your garden as the season goes along. How smart of you to go shopping early. I will remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gina - it must be very reassuring for you to see the farmer carrying on with his normal yearly tasks, it gives one a sense of continuity, and that all is well.

      Delete
    2. Dear Rosemary,
      Now it is my turn to get the garden going. There will be a large potatoe patch, many rows of onions and lots of mounds of Lakota Squash. And of course, there will be flowers. However, April has fooled me again. There is a thick carpet of white outside. It snowed throughout the night.

      Delete