I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

If only I knew



The name of this beautiful rose.
Can you help?
Do you recognize it? 



Growing roses, especially tea roses is not easy in this climate.  




Nonetheless,  I have found the perfect rose for my garden.   




This rose has very long stems.  It is disease resistant.  It is winter hardy (Zone 3) is long lasting in water and has grown in the same spot for almost 10 years.  Several roses, growing along the same wall, did not survive our harsh winters.  




Dear friends,  maybe one of you will recognize this rose. 
I would love to know its name.  




I thank you in advance, 
Gina 


7 comments:

  1. Gina, it looks so much like NEW DAWN to me! Does it grow as a rambler? If so I think this is your rose.
    Mine grows on the back fence - has been there about 20 yrs. and will need a good hard prune later this year.

    "Rosa 'New Dawn' is a light pink modern climbing rose cultivar, discovered by Somerset Rose Nursery in New Jersey in 1930. The cultivar is a sport of Rosa 'Dr. W. Van Fleet'. 'New Dawn' was voted the most popular rose in the world at the 11th World Convention of Rose Societies in 1997. Wikipedia"

    Hope all is well - much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,
      I can see why you would think that it could be New Dawn. I have a New Dawn and it is different from the rose I'm trying to find. My rose has very long stems and NO thorns. It is also more of a peach color where my New Dawn is white on the outside and pink towards the center. New Dawn is also only half the size of this bloom. It is also not a climbing rose. The reason I'm so keen on finding one like it is because this rose is so perfect for our climate.
      Thank you for trying Mary.

      Delete
  2. It is a beautiful rose with that soft pink colour. I can't help you with the name, but it looks like Mary has some great ideas.

    Enjoy the roses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorrie,
      It really is amazing how well this rose has adapted itself to this climate. I love Tea Roses but they are so fragile and will not last but one season. That is why I would like a few more just like it. The garden center I purchased it from many years ago, is not there anymore. So, I will keep on searching.

      Delete
  3. Could it be Belinda's Blush?
    https://antiqueroseemporium.com/products/belindas-blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy
      You might be right Tammy. It reads right. However, my rose does not have much fragrance and it does not have any blushing towards the edges of the petals. I will check it out further. In the meantime I have added another photo so you can see how the rose looks in profile.
      I thank you for your help.

      Delete
  4. Hello Marta. How nice of you to comment. My rose looks a lot like your Queen Elizabeth. It is hard to tell from a photo. The colors are not always true to nature. You and Tammy have given me a good start. I will check it out further.

    ReplyDelete