I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Growing, growing, growing.

  1. Yes I measured it. 


It now measures almost 8 feet
My friend Rosemary tells me that it is a Verbascum.



When will it stop?  It's even growing side shoots
.



A new plant is waiting in the wings. 
No doubt our upcoming winter will test its character. 




This is also a Verbascum. 
It grew in my garden a few years ago. 



In the meantime, at the back of the house, my Asters are making a show. 



These are Asters which come from seeds I collected more than forty years ago from a fence near Lake Maggiore, Italy.



The first time I planted them was when we still lived at the old farm on weekends.  
I broadcasted the seeds over the old pig pen and hoped for the best.

Come early Spring I walked over to check, not really thinking that it would work. 
  
Mr G knew that it was a success because he said I had a big grin on my face.  



We had a frost a couple of weeks ago.  I was not ready to lose my flowers.  I covered them all, moved some into the house and some into the barn. 

It was worth it.  



My apple trees and pear trees are loaded with fruit.  
We ae having an apple pressing day in a few days.  

Hope you are well. 
Take care, Gina 
 
 




4 comments:

  1. Your asters are amazing, and I love the story of how you got them and grew them. The apples will give you much tasty juice! Enjoy these autumn days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorrie,
      I have shared my Aster seeds with many friends. It also assures me that if I ever have a failure, that I can count on my friends to save a few seeds for me. I think that my asters would do well in your climate, probably would even have larger blooms because of you humidity. I'll be very happy to send you a kittle packet of seeds.

      Delete
  2. Garden looking gorgeous Gina - your asters are so pretty and different from the ones they sell here - which are so 'bushy'. The apples look healthy - glad they still plan a apple pressing day as that's always fun for you.
    As for the tall, mysterious visitor in your garden, you must feel dwarfed when standing next to it!!!

    Enjoy these lovely fall days - I note your nights are already turning cool.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,
      My Asters are very different. I have tried others. None have compared. Our days are beautiful and warm. However, the nights are close to freezing. Apples will be pressed this Friday. It should be a lot of fun, it always is. We have a bumper crop this year of many apple varieties. Wish you and Bob were here to join the fun.

      Delete