I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Monday, October 12, 2020

Flying Putti overhead

 

Have angels flying overhead.


A few life-sized stencils and a little paint is all you need.





These were painted  "on the ground" and then attached to the ceiling.





Never pass up a new building site without asking for permission to "harvest" a few drywall pieces.





I stenciled Putti onto dry wall slabs,  and freehand painted additional garlands and flowers.





The edges are broken off and the entire piece is  "aged" with furniture stain.





I wanted to give the impression that the painted panels were rescued from a historic site.

To begin with, the idea was to temporarily attach panels to the ceiling in order to determine spacing. 





I was then going to paint a blue sky and Putti onto a fabric canvas and attach it to the ceiling.





For now I explain, if asked, that my Putti were broken away from an ancient Fresco.

Hope you have a wonderful week, 
Gina

Stencils: Royal Design Studio
partial repost

6 comments:

  1. You are the Michelangelo of Utah Gina💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rosemary,
      I hear that you hurt your wrist. I am so sorry and wish you a speedy and complete recovery. Until then, please be safe and be careful.

      Delete
  2. Such a clever and creative idea! You are such an artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorrie,
      Thank you for your very nice compliment. I'm already so jealous of your pretty flowers you still have growing in your garden.

      Delete
  3. I recall them well, absolutely astonishingly beautiful, I feel blessed to have seen them up close.
    Gina, your creativity is always amazing.
    Thanks for mail - will get back to you soon.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,
      It was so much fun having you visit us in this little corner of the world. Now we all must think positive thoughts so that we can soon travel again and next time maybe even across the big ocean.

      Delete