I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Asters from Lake Maggiore



Strolling along a side walk, Lake Maggiore, Italy, beautiful Asters were growing through a fence. I am an expert seed collector. Knowing when to harvest them is part of the success in growing them. These Asters were ready.

They were growing through the fence, right along my path. I picked one seed head of each color. Looking up toward the house I noticed a young woman watching me. I smiled and waved, she smiled and waved. She knew what I was doing and she didn't mind.

Little did she know that her Asters were going to America. That was 36 years ago. Lake Maggiore Asters are growing in the gardens of my friends and in mine.
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment