I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Brilliant Idea



Special presents for Christmas


Not to confuse two very special people, let me explain. I have two students, both named Cindy. One Cindy comes for private painting lessons. She is the very accomplished Potter who signs her pieces "White Buffalo Pottery".


And then there is Cindy, my student who has taken maiolica painting lessons through our College program. It is this Cindy who has had a brilliant idea, I think.


She asked each of her small children to paint a picture. Anything they wanted to paint. She did not interfere and just let them paint. She commented on their fine work and nothing more was said about it.


Each day, while her children were at school, she copied the paintings onto tile, hand painting them exactly as her children painted them. Only this time she painted the images onto ceramic tiles.


I fired these wonderful murals for her in my kiln. Cindy will give them to her children on Christmas morning. Now, this is what I call a brilliant idea.



So, without further ado, here are the murals:











Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment