I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Give credit where credit is due




I am always bragging about myself, so now it is time to give credit where credit is due!





Gene carved this beautiful Plate Rack out of solid walnut. He thought that my hand painted plates needed a good home.

My Father was a Master Woodcarver from the "old country". Every Wednesday afternoon Gene would take time away from his office and he and my father would carve together. So now I am the lucky recipient of this very practical and also very beautiful plate rack.



Gene inherited my Father's chisels, they are over a hundred years old and were brought from East Prussia more than 60 years ago. The chisels are housed in a cabinet Gene carved from solid oak

Gina



8 comments:

  1. Gina,

    Got your message on decor8. Did you get your login? It was sent to you on January 14. I've been emailing you for a few days since I also need your first and last name and have not heard from you so I'm posting here on your blog with hopes that you read this. Please email me back (holly AT decor8blog.com) and let me know!

    Best,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, Have sent an e-mail with information to holly@decor8blog.com

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! What a talent, what a skill, and what tools!!! Those chisels are incredible. Did your father make a living with his woodcarving in the new world?
    PS yes, it's our village in the photo I posted the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Francesca, Yes, he did make a living woodcarving. He specialized in large pieces. Pieces that had a lot of character.

    How many people live in your village? It does not even look real... so picturesque.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gina...
    I was just wondering if you have heard from Holly and received your login info.
    I haven't received mine yet and am trying to reach her as well. It's such a bummer because it would be nice to start with everyone else.
    Jennifer
    www.Pinkybrowninc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer, Finally, I received the log-in information, just moments ago. I kept e-mailing every address I could find. It took me all morning.

    Now I need to know what to do . . . no instructions that I can find. I was able to log in, however.

    Let me know if I can help getting you signed up.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say, Gina and Gene is WOW!! Both cabinets are gorgeous. I'm sure it warmed your father's heart that Gene followed in his footsteps. And you — you are a doubly lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mark, My Gene, a farm boy who became Vice President of a very large company never stopped wanting to learn. He is good at everything. It doesn't matter if it is playing golf, cooking a magnificent meal or helping the neighbor birth a calf. He does it all and does it better than anyone else.

      Delete