I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Daisies, simple and fine


It's the single daisy which catches my eye; not the flouncy, floppy, double and over hybridized daisy





If you want more daisies, just toss their spent flower heads wherever you want them to grow.


Mine grow everywhere, . . . "beside the lake beneath the trees, fluttering and dancing in the breeze" (Wadsworth).



And down the lane, along the fence, by the wall, along the stone path, by the chicken coop, by the barn, by the Misthaufen (what is a Misthaufen you ask?). Let me know when you figure it out.



Have a lovely weekend, my dear blogging friends.



Gina


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots....I love them! Thank you so much for the "spachteltechnik" and "stuckmarmor" terms.....opened a whole new can of worms for me!! The stuckmarmor is scagliola in it's truest sense and "spach" is closer to lime troweling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Theresa, I knew that you would like to know a little more about "Stuckmarmor". I will post a few pictures and translate from German to English a simplified version of the process.

    Thank you for commenting. Have a lovely sunday. It has been raining here for 3 days. Our farmer friends call them the "million dollar rains".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree.
    Simple and fine= exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear Gina,
    ah..daisies..daisies...this is beautiful! but Misthaufen leaves me clueless... :-)
    you have rain ? well...here too we had rain this morning.
    Once again, your comment brought a big smile on my face...Now, i really must work on a semi-filled seed notebook !
    Wishing you a wonderful sunday and hope sunshine is coming your way....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann, So glad you also like the simple daisy. We all get so involved in thinking that more is more. Maybe it's not so all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lala, Misthaufen is a dungheap. In our case it is a small mountain of compost material referred to as the "Misthaufen".
    I think that we have come up with a great idea. I wonder what would be a non toxic covering for the seeds that would wash off, leave the seeds viable, but for a very short time would give the seeds a different function, i.e. a little jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had daisies growing by my misthaufen:)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Francesca, Now is the perfect time to collect spent daisy heads. Just toss them wherever you want daisies to grow. They will look wonderful in your charming and prolific garden.

    ReplyDelete