I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Beautiful little corner of the world



For some time I have wanted to tell you about a very special place in Upper Bavaria. 

These guys had faces made of velvet.

A spectacular summer storm is raging outside...a good time to tell you about one of my most favorite places in this world.  



The Hotel Gasthof Metzgerei Keindl is a good place to start our journey.
But where is this place you say? 




There are two little towns. Oberaudorf and Niederaudorf.
You will find them hidden in a valley between Munich and Insbruck. 




Not so far from the Alps.




The church is tiny but it's treasures within are formidable. 



When the cows come back from the mountains they always stop first by  this fountain. 



Internet
They do this every night. 




Internet
They spend their days in the mountains. This is where you can hike to your heart's content.  




Or you can stay in the valley visiting the Kloster Reisach in Unteraudorf. 
There are walking and bicycle routes everywhere. 



A fine Konditorei awaits you in Oberaudorf. 



Internet
Cafe Luckner (das Torten Paradies) 
serves great coffee, fabulous ice cream, finest chocolates and oh, those amazing cakes. 


    

Internet

She's got it made. 

One thing I could never  figure out is where 
Niederaudorf and where Oberaudorf belong on the map.  
But they are so close together that it doesn't matter.  

Auf Wiedersehen  

Stay well dear friends, 
Gina


10 comments:

  1. It's really very beautiful countryside Gina - I can imagine you have wonderful memories of your travels there. I loved Germany on my two visits, and would like to go back some day.
    The cows are so healthy looking, and yes, the gal in the last photo has no idea just how fortunate she is, sigh!!!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,
      I will be your Interpreter when you go to Bavaria and then we can take a hop over the Alps and spend a few fabulous days at Sant Elena in Bibbona.

      Delete
  2. Dear Gina - I notice that it is in an area very near to where we were in 2016 although we were in Austria. When our sons were young we used to visit those areas on a yearly basis in order to take them walking in the mountains, looking at the wild flowers, insects, and birds, and of course we all got plenty of exercise. We all loved it. When we returned again four years ago, we said we must go back again. I really do hope that comes about sooner than later, but we can not know in the current situation. I too, really share your love of that area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rosemary,
    The opportunity to visit that part of the world will come soon, I just know it. I have been receiving e-mails from several of the places where we have stayed in the past. They all say the same; we are open for business and we want you to come for a visit.
    Hopefully you and your family can re-visit and experience again all the wonderful moments you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gina,
    What a lovely little getaway to visit Bavaria briefly with you this morning. I do love Germany and would welcome going back one day. Such lush fields and happy looking cows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorrie,
      I have the Wanderlust again. If only. There is so much talk about a resurgence and second wave of Covit coming that it is difficult to make plans.

      Delete
  5. Dear Gina,

    Such fond memories I have of my nearly 4 years in Bad Nauheim, Germany in the late 60's. My husband's Father and wife had a second home in Going, Austria which I happily enjoyed for a 3-day weekend! That's not too far from these photos, I believe. We could go tomorrow and enjoy tortes at that Conditorei, but sadly, I need to exercise more/eat less before I visit such a delightful Cafe! With that first photo of the friendly horses, I felt my heart warm up just thinking about stroking that fur that you describe as like velvet. From your descriptions I'm thinking you have been there more than once! Lucky you!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,
      Actually that was our very first trip to these two special little towns. We were coming back from Italy and needed a quiet place so we could get ready for our flight home. I marked the spot on the map so that I would not forget.

      Delete
  6. Liebe Gina,
    hab Dank für Deinen Besuch bei mir und das Teilen Deines Blogposts.
    Wunderschöne Fotos, da bekomme ich richtig Lust auf Urlaub in Bayern.
    Viele Grüße von der Insel Rügen, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mandy,
      Thank you for commenting. I have always wanted to live on an "Insel". I must look it up on a map. And, thank you for your very nice compliment.

      Delete