I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Monday, June 22, 2020

Eye Foolery


Foolery with paint


It was a piece of pressed, re-cycled material.





Trompe-l'oeil Copper (Verdigris) finish.
It was an ugly orange plastic pot.  




The clock mechanism can be purchased in any craft store. 




These clocks use little energy.  Batteries last years. 




I still know the gentleman who bought it. 




I painted hundreds of them. All sizes. 
This was my favorite.  



 Didn't even keep one for myself. 

And then one day, I stopped.

The hardest part is getting out the paints. 

Be safe,
Gina 

  

2 comments:

  1. Gina, no problem telling time - and getting up at the right hour! - with a stunning, colorful clock like these! So beautiful - don't think you've shared these before. I you ever decide to paint more I'd love to purchase - plus what super gifts they would make. I think my favorite out of these you show is the first one. I used to paint/decoupage a lot of things, flower pots being my favorite. Target used to sell really fabulous German-made terracotta tall rose pots - I loved working with them as they had the smoothest finish.
    I'm so grateful for your new Blogger help dear - you've saved me!
    Have a good day - hope the birds are back at the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary,
    I remember your beautiful pots even though you showed them to us some time ago. When we had local celebrations I used to set up shop on main street. Visitors and locals alike would stop and purchase my clocks, usually three or four at one time. They were a lot of fun to paint and maybe I will think about painting a few more.
    Ducks and Geese are staying away for now. I saw one small family on the pond but they didn't stay long.

    ReplyDelete