I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Monday, August 27, 2018

The Humble and the Splendid


When interviewed for a thirteen page spread in 

Utah Homes and Garden Magazine, I was asked what my design philosophy was in building our new Country House.




That's easy,  The Humble with the Splendid.





Utah Homes and  Garden







Utah Homes and Garden




Utah Homes and  Garden




Utah Homes and Garden





Some People like Silver, I LOVE Gold





I also Love my French and Italian Chandeliers





This is the other gold mirror, this time without the base.  I can't believe that we transported both mirrors in our old truck.  They arrived without a scratch.






Wishing you nothing but the splendid

Gina


All Utah Homes and Garden photography by Mikel Covey
Partial repost
https://betweennapsontheporch.net/

12 comments:

  1. Truly golden splendor! I've never felt so happy in a home as I did in Villa Vista!
    Thank you and Mr. G again for everything - you are so special.

    Love, Mary & Bob XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary, You had a very eventful visit. I'm happy to hear that you can look back and say it was a good visit.
      I am so pleased that your first try at painting ceramics turned out so well. You are a fine painter and I can't wait to see what you will paint next.

      Delete
  2. How did you come to live where you do? Job transfer? Lottery winnings? Just always wanted to live in an alfalfa field?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anon

      You will find Alfalfa in the side bar. That will give you all the answers.

      Delete
  3. It all looks very splendid, but comfortable and welcoming, too. I like your design philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorrie,
    My design philosophy has worked for us. It makes it possible to use what you have, pieces collected over 50 years.
    Thank you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina, so glad I found your blog. I love the staircase and the dining room with all those glass doors.
    What a beautiful life you and your husband have created.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Myrna
    I'm so glad you found me. Thank you for leaving a comment. Hope you come back for another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina,

    I happened upon your blog a number of months ago. Your site is a delight and a work of art. I have so enjoyed reading the "older post." Can't wait to make the cherry kirsch! Your home is truly beautiful and so love, love your garden. Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lyn,
      You have made my day. How sweet of you to send all those nice compliments. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

      Delete
  8. This is so Splendid, I can sort of see the humble! Just stunningly Beautiful, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Daydreamer,
      Thank you for your lovely compliment. The humble is there but mostly overshadowed by the gold. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete