I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

I didn't think that it existed

A tomato that actually tastes like a tomato. 



It's not very pretty, 

but oh, what a fabulous flavor.





It is an Heirloom Black Brandywine Tomato.

A friend gave me seedlings.   I didn't expect much 

and I was so wrong.  


I'm saving seeds.

Do you grow a special tomato?

Gina


4 comments:

  1. I’ve been splurging on heirlooms recently as they are so good - made a puff pastry tomato tart with the. at the weekend - delicious! Hope your seeds do well next year Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary, No such luck here. If e want heirlooms we have to grow them in our own gardens.

      Delete
  2. I love the Oxheart tomatoes. So sweet and meaty. They didn't do very well here this year, though. Too cold, then far too hot, then cold, and dry throughout the entire summer.
    Your Black Brandywine tomatoes look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorrie, Have not heard of Oxheart tomatoes. Will look them up. Our weather patterns were similar to yours this season with the same results...not a lot of success.

      Delete