I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Thursday, September 2, 2021


 My very special Squash Bread Recipe



This is a Lakota Squash, any winter squash will do. 


Squash Bread Recipe

2 cups of cooked squash
3 eggs beaten
2 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup light olive oil 
3/4 cup chopped nuts
1 cup of almond meal (optional)
1/2 cup golden raisins
Mix all ingredients
juice and grated zest from one lemon and one orange
Mix together

Add 3 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda. 
Mix by hand with wooden spoon until all ingredients are 
well incorporated. 

Grease 2 loaf pans 
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes and reduce heat to 300 and bake another 15 to 20 minutes. Test with toothpick.  




This is the bread to bake.  It is foolproof. 





This might be the year when you try fried squash blossoms.

Squash bread freezes well. 

Recipe also makes great tasting muffins. 


Bake something and have fun.

Gina


2 comments:

  1. Hi dear Gina - ooh! that looks so delicious! I'm so looking forward to baking up a storm now that cooler weather will be coming, and I love quick breads and new recipes. I would definitely include the almond meal/flour (we always called it ground almonds in England) because that really keeps a cake moist and even more delicious! A bit expensive but so worth it - I usually buy 'Bob's Red Mill' brand as I love and trust their products.

    Gorgeous photos. Thanks for the email will reply soon.
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gina,
    Your squash bread is very picturesque and the recipe sounds delicious. I love squash in autumn and am looking forward to harvesting a few small butternut squashes from our garden. It was so hot this year that the yield is not as it usually is. Fortunately, we have farmers' markets with lots of squash, too.
    I did bake an apple loaf earlier this week. Yum!
    Enjoy September,
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete